Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sad

Originally posted September 19, 2010

A long-time client, who turned into a friend a few years ago, Pam, lost her 14 month battle with pancreatic cancer last night. This is the same disease that took my MIL three and half years ago, but Pam was younger and fought harder. Pam also had a lot of friends & family surrounding her.

Her husband, Ben, is obviously devastated, as are their three grown boys, et al. I cannot imagine the pain her family is feeling right now. I can only hope that when the time comes, our own family & friends are willing and able to help me through Ace's death &/or vice versa.

After Pam was diagnosed, I was the first person to push her to do everything she could to make sure her family knew what her wishes, personal as well as financial, were... I encourage all of you to make sure your estate planning is done, completely, as soon as possible. As hard as it is, imagine how much more difficult it would be on your family to figure out what you wanted...

R.I.P., Pam.

No comments:

Post a Comment