Monday, April 9, 2012

Hot & Cold

I don't know about other people's books, but mine always seem to have this "Full one week, dead the next" thing going on... Ok, not always, but on a fairly consistent basis. Take the end of March, for example. I had mostly full days Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday. Saturday even had two clients. Then, my husband & I decided that since (1) it was Spring Break as well as our anniversary weekend (Sunday, April 1st -- 8 years married), and (2) our daughter was gone for the last half of the week, that we'd go to the beach for a few days. So, I called my Thursday, Friday, & Saturday clients and moved them. I am lucky in that the majority of my clients are as flexible as I am (some, more so), so upon hearing why I wanted to move them, they were very accommodating. Anyway, then I get back from our mini vaca, and I have literally eight clients scheduled that week. Of course, given that things happen, people get sick or hurt themselves, or whatever, two of my clients had to rebook, and one cut part of her appointment. One of my clients was also an freebie; she's the owner of the salon where I work, and we trade services (her nails for my hair, and sometimes, my daughter's hair). I made (not including tips) $181. Then, this week hits --- I have *one*! open time slot available. So, here's my goal -- I was going to say "Fill the dead space", but actually, that's not my goal... my goal is to get the any new-to-me client to book her/his appointments on those dead weeks. I don't need to be fully booked, but I kinda like being able to say, "I'm sorry, I don't have any openings until ______." Oh, and speaking of new-to-me clients, I have one coming this Friday morning... seems a bit high-strung, but perhaps it's just due to being mistreated by her former nail tech. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment